Monday, August 24, 2015

Sky Top Orchard

Today we finally made it to Sky Top Orchard!!

My hope had been to go last week, but with all the sickness, we had to postpone it to this week:(  And, we missed the Honey Crisp apples...

But we were there to get some galas which are still very good and some of my favorites!

We went straight from school, and since I didn't bring snacks with me, our first stop was buying some doughnuts!  Mmm!!!!! Then the kids got some of their wiggles out on the playground before we headed into the orchard!  It's so nice to have kids who can walk and pick their own apples!  I'm still waiting, though, for when they can carry their baskets back after they've finished picking, haha!

They played a bit longer on the playground after we'd paid for our loot, and then we headed back home where I discovered WAY more homework in their backpacks than I had ever imagined!  And so it begins!!











2 comments:

Amy said...

We like going after school too! I need to take them soon. So sad the honey crisps are gone though :(

Amy and Michael said...

Love it! Hate we aren't closer to make that an afternoon trip. Have to get there before Galas are out of picking!