Tuesday, August 18, 2015

First Day of School - 2nd Grade and K5!!

Today was the day I had been looking forward to and dreading for a long time!

Both kids were woken up early by their alarms!  They both seemed to get going pretty quickly though:)  They were super excited!  They ate a good breakfast, we took the necessary pictures and then off we went!  M came home from work yesterday with the stomach bug so I'd been dreading all night that one, or both or I, would end up with it and miss the first day of school!  Luckily, that was not the case, but it did mean that I had to do the drop off by myself!

S and I followed C as he led us straight to his class with no problems, he walked into his room, put his folder in the right place, hung up his backpack, gave me a quick hug and he was off to kindergarten - Just.Like.That!  I teared up a bit, but luckily I had S with me who helped to take my mind off of it, and then she allowed me to walk her to her class and gave me a quick hug and she was gone too!  I left the school alone, which felt so weird!  I spent my day at the gym, Walmart and the library to avoid being around M and his cooties at home:)

Oh, but wait, it gets better!  My quiet, relaxing day that was just starting to get relaxing was cut short at about noon when I got the call from school that C had thrown up in class and I needed to go pick him up!  Poor kiddo!!!!!  What a way to start kindergarten!

At pick up time, I was excited to get to see S, and equally as excited that she made it through the day without throwing up and me have to go get her as well!  She had a great day, met new friends and was talking non-stop the whole way home!

As I've tried to make a habit of doing, here are the lists of their favorites as they begin this school year:

S - 2nd Grade:

TV Show: Frozen(yes, it's a movie, but we'll go with it!)
Food: Ice Cream
Best Friend: Shelby Kate
Candy: Twizzlers
Color: Pink
Book: Boxcar Children Series
Activity: Playing at the gym
Wants to be: Farmer


C - Kindergarten:

TV Show: Curious George
Food: Pizza
Best Friend: "I have lots":)
Candy: Candy Cane...same answer as last year but I don't think he fully understands what candy is! HA!
Color: Orange
Book: "I don't like any books" (y'all see what I'm dealing with here!!?!?  He doesn't much care for books, but I do think that he enjoys the No David books and Pete the Cat books!)
Activity: Playing outside
Wants to be: a worker, like where Daddy works








I got this little gem from S's teacher today!  LOVE that they send pictures!  She is in a multi-age class, so this is 2nd and 3rd graders.  I think there are 51 in all and are shared between two teachers.  I haven't completely figured out how the whole set up works, but I'm learning!

S is the 4th one from the right on the front row of standing kids!  With her friends Goldie and Shelby Kate:)

2 comments:

Amy and Michael said...

Bless your heart!! And WOW at Stella's class. That's a whole bunch of kids!!

Amy said...

Aww- Stella will love multi-age! What a great place for her!! Those classes are so great!