Friday, June 14, 2013

Summer Spectacular

This week was Summer Spectacular(aka VBS) at our church!  It was a roller coaster/carnival theme which made for lots of fun, cute ideas!!

S is able to participate, but C is still too young - next year!  But, because I volunteer each year to help, C gets to go to the child care room and they do crafts/activities/stories related to what the bigger kids are doing so he was able to participate to some degree!

I was only able to help Mon - Wed this year because C had his last speech session until fall on Thursday and I took Friday to prep for his birthday party which is tomorrow!

I have always in the past been a color group leader which means I stay with the same group of kids and go from one activity to another(bible story, crafts, missions, music and rec) with them but am not responsible for anything other than the kids.  This year, however, I guess since I teach K3 Sunday School, I was asked to do the bible story rotation for K3.  I was paired with a friend and we had a great time.  It required several hours of prep work(about 4 hours!!) last Sunday, but it wasn't that bad when working with a friend!  Also, I wasn't required to be here early during the week and I was able to leave on time and not have to wait for parents to pick up their kids at the end of the day!

I enjoyed it thoroughly and will most definitely volunteer to do bible story in the future!

The kids had a fabulous time and woke up excited to go each day!!!!!