Monday, June 17, 2013

My Papa

Today was a sad day for our family.

My Papa passed away.

He will forever be missed and loved!  He will be remembered for his selfless love that he always displayed for others, his charismatic personality, the smile he wore on his face no matter what was going on and for the way he enjoyed life and lived it to its fullest!

I am so glad to have been able to know him for the last 32 years and that my kids were able to meet him as well!

Our family's Thanksgiving will never be the same without him, but we will most definitely remember all the wonderful memories Papa gave us!!!

I will one day see him again in heaven and rejoice in that knowledge!!!

Memories from 2008 - 2012:












This is the place that I would see my Papa sitting every morning when I would come downstairs in the morning when we stayed at his house growing up!  I just had to get a picture of a seat that has so many memories associated with it!

1 comment:

Shannon Garrett said...

I'm just now catching up on your blog. I have boohoo'ed reading your posts about our Papa and seeing all your pictures. Almost 2 months since he passed and I still have sad days. He was one of a kind! How blessed we were to have so many years and memories with our Papa! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
xoxo
SG