Thursday, February 2, 2012

Switcharoos

There is a local consignment sale, Switcharoos, that I get at least 90% of my kids' clothes from twice a year! I volunteer to work a four hour shift in order to shop before anybody else. However, there are a LOT of other volunteers that also shop early and will "camp out" all day in order to be the first in line to get in and shop. I got my water, snacks, comfy clothes and tennis shoes on in preparation for a full evening of shopping! I typically arrive around 20-30 minutes before the doors open. I asked the first person in line (as they were closing up their camp chairs and shutting down their laptops) what time they'd gotten there that morning for a 5pm sale. 10am!!! WOW! So they had waited SEVEN hours to buy clothes. Crazy!! I acted like the crazy camera lady and took pictures as I was waiting in line, walking in, while doing a little shopping and while waiting in the hour long line to check out! These pictures don't do justice to just how crazy and intense this place is, but you'll get at least some idea anyway! OH, and S got her first two princess dress up clothes courtesy of Switcharoos - Snow White and Aurora! She loved them!!!







1 comment:

Jessica said...

TOTALLY makes me laugh that you took pictures of this and, NO, it doesn't do the craziness of Switcharoos justice. Although the sideways picture comes close - ha!