Tuesday, February 14, 2012

READING!!!

Tonight S read her first word by herself, "dog"!! I have not really worked with her on reading yet because, well, because it seems so hard and stressful to teach a kid to read so I've just avoided it:) We've done lots of letters and sounds and stuff so I guess we've done pre-reading stuff, but not actual reading. I was sitting with her and writing in her new notebook she got for Valentine's Day and I thought I'd give it a try since I had one-on-one time with her for a few minutes for the first time in about forever!! We tried a few and she got them with some help from me. BUT, then she started getting some by herself! I am such a proud Momma!

Oh, and it should be known that her first real word that she said was "Ab"(Abby - our dog's name) so it would only be fitting that the first word she reads is "dog"!! HA!!