Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Doughnuts and Art

This morning was a morning of no plans! I am doing Mom to Mom again this spring, but it doesn't start until next Wednesday, so that gave us today free! I took the kids to Dunkin Donuts for a doughnut treat and a coffee (the real deal, no decaf today!) for myself - I was dragging for some reason! After they filled their little bellies with sugar, we went to the local art studio for toddler/preschooler table time! OH.WHAT.FUN!!! The last time I went C was just a little itty bitty fella and hung out in the carrier on my chest. This time, though, he was right there with S doing what ever she was doing. Well... trying anyway! S acted like an old pro at the painting and enjoyed it so much! She even requested to go outside even though it was so cold! We all went out, lasted about three minutes, and were back inside again! I think her favorite part was making the paint "slime". She kept going back to that station and making different colors each time. Then, after having about four different "slimes" she decides that she'd rather have one big "slime". When you mix four colors do you know what you get? BROWN!! Do you know what brown "slime" looks like??? Just use your imagination...yucko! C's favorite part was painting the floor and then walking through it... sigh! But, we were there to get dirty and we didn't fail! We'll be going back soon, and again I think I will probably get a real coffee before I go:)




No comments: