Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer Spectacular

This year the kids at Summer Spectacular (aka VBS) took a trip to the Big Apple NYC! It was so much fun (although completely exhausting) and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves!

Neither of my kids are old enough to actually participate, but there is child care provided if a volunteer has kids younger than k3. So, that is where they both went. S's class did some stuff so it wasn't completely like babysitting and she learned about Jesus throughout the week and made new friends along the way. That works for me! C had some of the same teachers that he has on Sundays so they knew him and his schedule and even got him to nap a couple of days - unbelievable!!

I was a color group leader (meaning I kept track of the kiddos, made sure they were where they were suppose to be, met parents and even had the privilege of calling the mom of one girl who made the decision to be baptized during the week, and got to know the kids in my group on a more personal level) along with two others for a group of 18 rising 3rd graders. They were a very "spirited" bunch this year and kept me on my toes at all times, much more so than in the past! Between that and my own kids being on opposite nap schedules during the afternoon for the week, I was WIPED OUT!!! It was a very rewarding week and I'll most definitely do it again next year, but I'll probably need until then to fully recover:)


No comments: