Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Child the Tornado

Since the beginning of the year, S has not taken a nap everyday. Some days she will and some days she won't. If she needs a nap, I'll put her to bed. But, if she is not falling apart and doesn't really need one, I'll tell her she can have "Stella time" but that she can't come out of her room until 3pm. Today was a "Stella Time" day. She really does enjoy it for the most part and it forces her to play by herself and use her imagination. But, her room also usually ends up in complete disarray! When I went in to get her this afternoon(some days, like today, she is enjoying her time so much that she doesn't even realize it is 3pm and I feel guilty for making her stay in there any longer.... I know, I should just let her stay until she is ready to come out but I can't!), this is the scene:


  • Drawers completely emptied onto the floor.

  • Shoes dumped out of the basket.

  • Hair bows strewn across her bed.

  • Stickers(with the backs still on them thank goodness) EVERYWHERE!

  • Colored pencils and torn papers scattered.

And there was S, sitting on her bed right in the middle of it wearing 1 bathing suit, 1 leotard, one belt, 3 pairs of panties and hair bows on her ankles and up her legs!!! HAHAHA!!


All I could do was laugh and laugh and laugh... and then of course grab the camera!


I always want to remember times like these when her innocence and imagination are all she needs to have a great time!


1 comment:

Double Dees in SC said...

That is hysterical! I love it!