Thursday, November 11, 2010

Visit to Santa

I had not planned to visit Santa quite this early! S had a dentist appt this morning and when we got finished it was only 9:30. So, I had a few things to get at the mall and figured I'd get that done and then let S play in the play area there for a bit before heading back to the house. We saw where Santa was set up on our way to the play area but he was not there yet. I couldn't believe he was already out!! Anyway, I asked S if she wanted to go see him, but she said "no". No problem, it wasn't like I had them dressed in their Christmas outfits anyway. We played for a while and then were walking back through the mall and this time Santa was there. S said she wanted to go see him. "Are you sure? No crying, right?" She insisted she was ready. OKAY!! I wasn't going to pass this up! Sweet C was just dozing off when we got there but I was willing to take my chances since he is normally happy and pulled him out of his car seat and plucked his paci from him mouth. He just smiled:) I love this kid! If that had been me I don't think I would have been as nice about the whole situation. S didn't even wait for the "elves" to go over the picture packages with me. She jumped up on Santa's lap and started talking to him. Yay!! We got a somewhat good picture. S isn't smiling, but don't let her fool you, she really actually enjoyed talking to Santa this year - a far cry from me having to be in the picture last year:) Such a big girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sooo cute...it looks as if they were dressed for the occasion.

Double Dees in SC said...

How cute! Look at those beautiful babies! Gotta take advantage of those opportunities when they present for sure!