Friday, November 21, 2008

Santa - Not a Fan

Today I took S to see Santa at the mall. I wanted to do it before the crowds started, so today was the day. After a short morning nap (some days we take them and some days we don't), we headed that way. I thought surely Santa would be there by 10am so we arrived at about 10:30 only to find out he didn't get there until 11am. So, S and I shopped around a bit to kill time and got in line about 5 minutes before he came so we'd be the first ones. Well, we were the first, and she put on a show for the other kiddies waiting! S is not a fan of Santa right now!! It is just the age and pretty humorous, but she wailed when we got within about 3 feet oh him. Last year was so easy b/c she really didn't know the difference and didn't care who was holding her. However, now, she doesn't even like M wearing a hat so you can imagine what she thought of Santa! But, nevertheless, I ordered the pictures so that I could look back and laugh a bit more in a few years. We'll see what happens next year but I'm not getting my hopes too high!


This year's picture (the outfit is a lot cuter, but it doesn't look as good when it is all crinkled up!).



Last year's picture - look how much she has grown!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is soooo funny!!I think Santa looks almost as distraught as Stella..not quite as peaceful looking as last year.That picture is a real keeper!!

Outnumbered! said...

Yeah, I can't wait to see what RC does this year. He's not a big fan of grownups dressed in costumes! LOL!

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!!! I love it and I love that you got it to look back on! looks like Santa is saying " hehe get this kid off my lap!" HAHAHAHAHA She is sweet even when she is upset!

Double Dees in SC said...

HAHAHAHA!! That is hysterical!!! Just the age! Last year we tried to hand d2 off to Monkey Joe at Fall for Greenville and you'd have thought someone was ripping his left arm off!

Shelby said...

fun times.... i can totally relate... check this out!
http://stonesmom.blogspot.com/2007/12/pics-with-santa.html

TCW said...

I love it and S will too one day. I have one somewhere where I was doing the same thing. OK freaked out in line so we had to leave. She kept saying "no touch Santa"