Monday, June 2, 2008

Not Poop This Time, But....


Looks like I had an accident doesn't it?!?!?!


Well, I didn't, but I sure was embarrassed!


S and I went to Clemson today to check out some property and afterwards we had lunch at Pot Belly Deli. Going in, I'm sure everyone thought, what in the world!?!!? I had my very large purse, S's diaper bag, a cooler with her food, a separate bottle warmer and S's floppy seat. Not to mention, S was in my arms too. I might of well have been moving in! I find a LARGE table and deposit everything but S and my purse on it and go in search of a bathroom. I am about to bust! Find it, and have to go with S on my lap - that was a first! Thinking back as I am typing this, probably would have been much easier if I'd used the stroller! So, get that taken care of and order my food. They bring it out to the table when it is ready, THANK GOOODNESS b/c I was out of hands at this point. I get my cup of water and head to the table to start feeding S. I sit down at the booth with her in my lap while I get things together and get her floppy seat in the high chair (if you don't know what a floppy seat is, check this link out http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2440415). While doing all this, I put my cup of water where I think it is safely out of S's reach - WRONG! She grabs it and drenches the both of us! Now, being a prepared mommy, I have a change of clothes for her, but of course not me! I JUMP out of the booth, but too late. I am wet as can be. Get this, NOBODY offers to help me! Not one person! I suppose it is because they were all college kids and really didn't have a clue what had just happened! But still, I could have used a few extra napkins:) Anyway, what can I do but eat my lunch and feed S hers while I sit in a puddle of water?!!? I was determined, though, to get out and walk around Clemson since it has been about 1.5 years since I was there last and so much had changed. I figure I am old enough now where I won't run into anybody I know, so, I walk around, with my pants soaking wet and get quite a few stares from people! It was pretty funny!!


Ahh... like I said in my poop post, the joys of being a mom:)

6 comments:

Annie said...

I can relate. When Hannah was 16 months old, we were at Chick Fil A with some friends. She was sitting on my lap when I felt a warn sensation. It seriously felt just like I was peeing on myself. I jumped up. Her diaper was leaking. It was so gross. Luckily, my friends helped me. I changed Hannah, attempted to clean myself, then went back to clean the mess in my seat. UGH! I did go straight home. Maybe we should learn to take a change of clothes for ourselves too.

TCW said...

I usually have a clean shirt in the car, but never pants. I guess we should start packing Mommy bags instead of baby bags. I am proud of you for continuing your trip instead of going home.

Anonymous said...

That cute little pink umbrella stroller would have been a great thing to have had with you,huh? Too funny...to be a mom, you have to have a sense of humor!!

Shelby said...

Oh no! That is too funny! When Stone was younger, and before I switched his formula, he would sometimes vomit his whole bottle with little to no warning.. and it all usually ended up on me! So, I learned to take at least another shirt wherever I went, but don't think I ever had to have extra pants! Good idea to take extra clothes though.. you never know what could happen!!

The 4 Pierces said...

Sorry that happened, but I am so JEALOUS that you were at PBD. Gene and I were just saying how we miss it and need to take a trip back to Clemson to eat it. It is one of our favs!

Gini (Hallquist) Young said...

so funny. M did that to me once right after I had filled a bowl with cereal and milk. It is a weird sensation. You are brave. I should think of the extra pair of clothes for mom too though. I mean good grief you were carrying everything else it sounds like. Sorry no one helped you. That is amazing college town or not. funny stories though.