Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Tellus Science Museum

Several of my Atlanta friends have posted pictures about Tellus Science Museum on Facebook and after seeing all of them, it's something that I thought my kids would enjoy as well!

Today, Gigi and I took the kids to check it out!  We pulled into the parking lot and realized that we were not the only ones with the idea!  The place was completely full and had several summer camps/day care busses there as well.  We ended up having to park out in the field!  I'm guessing that because the Atlanta area schools start school next week, everyone was out enjoying one last week of summer!

All morning C had been asking me if we were going to see dinosaur bones.  I had not done a lot of research on the place and was honestly not exactly sure what Tellus had to offer.  Well, as soon as we walked in, there was a huge dinosaur displayed in the front lobby with an entire room of fossils located behind it!  I had one happy little boy at this point!  After running from one display to another, we left the fossil room and went to the auditorium where the Atlanta Zoo was doing a program!  It was really well done and the kids loved getting to pet the alligator - even I touched it!

After the zoo program, we went and panned for gems and did a fossil dig where we got to take home our findings - this was a favorite for me and S!  We stopped for lunch at the cafe there, checked out the mineral exhibit and then spent the rest of our time in the invention and experiment exhibit room!

The kids would have stayed for several more hours, I think!

The first thing we saw - dinosaur!!



Waiting for the zoo presentation!







Gem panning

Fossil Dig



I think C would have played here all day!  Him and these 2
 boys spent a lot of time with this thing!

No comments: