Friday, July 15, 2016

Camp Week - Dance and Soccer

Since I had thought swim team was over after Divisionals when I was doing the scheduling in February and March for summer activites(see next post!), I had the kids signed up for camps this week!

S did a ballet camp at her new studio and LOVED it!! When I signed her up, we didn't know anyone else was going to be in it with her.  Well, we found out a couple of weeks ago that the other Stella on her swim team also takes at this studio and was doing camp the same week!  Annnnd, a little girl that was in S's K3 class was also there!  Such a small world!  S was so excited every day when she came home!  All week the kids worked on a performance of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs for their families to watch on Fridays.  S was given the part of Dopey and could not have been more thrilled!  By the time that 12pm came around today, S was more than ready to perform for us!  It was a cute mini production and she had the biggest smile on her face the entire time!  Afterwards she insisted on pictures with all of her friends, old and new, and her instructor and the older girls that helped throughout the week!  She can't wait for classes to start now!




The 7 Dwarfs:)

Stella Z(Snow White), girl I don't know(Evil Queen), S(Dopey)

S, Cammie Grace(K3 friend, Bashful)

Sleepy and Dopey

S's camp teacher who will also be her teacher on one of her
classes this fall

One of the older girls who helped during the week

The other older girl who helped during the week
C did a soccer camp at the YMCA downtown this week!  Monday started off with a last minute email that there had been a water main break and that camp was cancelled that morning!  He was soooo disappointed(and to be honest I was too!) and had to spend the morning with me - we ran about 26 errands and he was such a trooper!  Tuesday was finally his day and he was more than ready to get started!  It was a HOOOOT week - mid 90s and it took a toll on him the first couple of days.  I was sending waters, applesauces, Gatorade, etc. every day and he was still so hot when I picked him up!  Thursday I got smart and sent him with a FroggToggs cooling towel and that seemed to make all the difference!  He came home LOVING camp that day!  Friday I ended up keeping him with me because it was just easier to do that since I had to be at S's camp earlier than normal for the end of week production.  He didn't mind at all because we went to the gym and there were tons of friends there to play with!  Not to mention that we hit up Dunkin' Donuts afterwards to kill a little time!  

All sunscreened up and ready to go play some soccer!
It was a good week for both of the kids and for me too(I scored a massage one day and a pedicure one day!!)!

No comments: