Friday, March 26, 2010

What a Week!

The week started out uneventful enough, but soon became almost laughable. If it wasn't one thing going wrong, it was another!


The problems started on Wednesday. My favorite time of the week is my Wed morning Mom to Mom bible study. I plan all things around it so that I can be there each week. This week was our last meeting until September with wonderful speakers lined up and a brunch provided by our sweet leaders. I got up with Michael at 5am because I have so much going on in my head about all that needs to be done before the baby gets here that it makes it hard to go back to sleep. So, I got up and completely ready and had a nice, quiet breakfast. S got up around 7/7:30 as usual and I proceeded to get her dressed and fed and what not. I went back into her room to get her shoes on so that we could leave and noticed for the first time that there was what appeared to be blood on her sheets in the area where her head would have been. It really made me wonder because I had brushed her teeth and wiped her nose and saw no signs of blood. I then checked her ears to see if there was anything, and nothing. Ugggg.... I knew what this meant - we were going to the peds office and I would be missing Mom to Mom. I called and got an appt for 30 minutes later (which is how long it takes me to get to the peds office) so off we go! The dr checks S and says that she has very swollen tonsils and does a strep test on her. Comes back negative thank goodness! Everything else checked out great, so we are told that she probably had a bit of congestion and is fighting a little virus and just coughed some blood up with it. Not a big deal they said but to call if it continued to happen! We had already had an appt for an ear re-check for the following day, but her ears were fine so we were able to cancel that appt and save ourselves another trip to the peds office for the week - or so we thought...


In the meantime, Wed night M starts to feel a bit under the weather and by Thurs thinks that he has the flu. He calls Thurs afternoon and says he is coming home early and going to bed. I do NOT want to get the flu (even though I did get the flu shot I didn't want to take any chances) so I go into our mangled mess of a guestroom that is in the process of being converted into S's big girl room and clean everything off the bed and get sheets and an old comforter out so that I can sleep there for the night. Whew.. no rest for the weary. Also, I do not what S to get sick so M was quarantined to our bedroom which meant that I was going to be the one getting her bathed and put to bed. This all happens to be on the night that I was going to have a girls night out with a friend. Oh well!


Friday morning I have a continuing education class scheduled in order to keep my license active. I have to be over by the mall at 8:30 and need to leave the house by 7:45 to get S dropped off and taken care of. I have slept in the guestroom and it is just not the same as my own bed. But, at least I am still well! I get up and get myself ready and go in to get S up at about 7:15. I am getting her hair done when I notice something pink in her right ear. I take a better look and, yup, there is a piece of something lodged in her ear! REALLY!?!?! Of all the days! Thank goodness I have a MIL who is willing to take her to the peds office while I am in class and get it removed (still do not have any idea where it came from but I am guessing the gym on Thurs because it was obviously no there on Wed when we were at the peds and they checked her ears!!). So concludes trip #2 to the peds office this week!



As the week comes to an end, M is still sick and I am still sleeping in the guestroom!

The life of a wife and a mom is one of love and sacrifice on so many levels!! I am continually reminded of this when weeks like this come around. However, I am also continually reminded of how wonderful it is to be a mom and wife and the blessings my husband and daughter have brought to me(like watching the S's eyes dance with excitement as we share an ice cream tonight or laughing with M as we listen to some of the things that our 2 1/2 year old comes up with)!

Hopefully this weekend will be a little more laid back and doctor-free so that we can come together and be a whole, healthy family again!!:)

1 comment: