Tuesday, December 22, 2009

So Long First Trimester!

I'm sure this post will bore most of you to tears, but it is something I want to remember. This pregnancy up to this point has gone by so much faster than the first. I suppose this is probably because I am busy keeping up with a two-year-old!


First Trimester Summary

Early symptoms

Felt awful - Even before I tested positive, I had a feeling I was pregnant b/c I just felt off starting at would have been about 3 weeks. We found out when I was 3w4d. With the first it was the hunger that made me know I was pregnant.

Morning Sickness - This started about about 6.5 weeks and was typically more in the evening but not completely out the question to be in the morning too! Nauseous but never actually got "sick". This started tapering off about 11 weeks and is still just every few days now. I definitely have felt a lot worse this time around, or maybe I just don't remember the first very well anymore.

TIRED - This is something I did not experience with the first one hardly at all! I can barely keep my head up my noon on most days!

Backache - I am having to sit down to hold S a lot right now. So sad!

Weight Gain - Yes I gained weight pretty quickly during the first pregnancy as well. At 13 weeks with the first I'd gained 5 pounds. Right now, I've gained 6 pounds. Not too much difference, but the belly has popped out much quicker! I was 18 weeks when I went into maternity clothes the first time around but I don't think I am going to be make it past 15 weeks with this one (I'm already doing the unbutton the pants under the belt thing


Cravings

GRITS! This is the main one! I have to have a bowl every afternoon:) The other foods I'm listing are not necessary but I am preferring them over other foods
Pizza
Egg McMuffins
String Cheese
Lima Beans
Chips and saltier food in general
French fries

Aversions
Meats of any kind - cooked or raw - unless it is fried
Vegetables, except lima beans
Coffee

Some of these things are the same as with the first and some are not.

All in all, these pregnancies have many similarities and also many differences. I am not leaning one way or the other regarding if it is a boy or girl. For me, I think it would be fun to have another girl because there is such a cool bond between sisters especially as they get older. But, having one of each would be pretty neat!

This baby will most likely round out our family so I am trying to enjoy things as much as possible.

Here is the latest ultrasound at of Baby #2 at 13 weeks(although the baby is measuring closer to 14 weeks)!

3 comments:

Lee said...

Miss seeing you guys! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Outnumbered! said...

It does go by faster when you have another little one running around. Glad you are feeling better!

TCW said...

I am glad to see a picture of the sweet new Bishop addition.