Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years in Atlanta

Over New Years we headed to Atlanta to visit with my parents and friends and other family there! S and I went down on Wed and M came on Friday since he had to work. So, we spent New Years Eve stag, but that's fine we got a date night while we were there!

It was SO STINKIN' COLD that we couldn't take S outside too much so we had to get creative with indoor activities! We took her to the mall with an indoor carousel and play area which was a huge hit. She loves, loves, loves the carousel! She was wearing tights at the play area and couldn't get her feet to grip anything since we had to take her shoes off, so off come the tights! Good thing it was warm in there:) She had a great time and because it was New Years Day school was out and there were tons of big kids there which made it all the better in her opinion!!

My mom made play dough for her and she had so much fun using cookie cutters and plastic knives to make "food" out of it. She also found some old plates and cups and made everyone coffee about ten times a day! Very cute!!! We went and dug out some of my old My Little Ponies and Barbies and she thought they were okay but was more interested in the play dough and coffee-making. It's a good thing my parents were there to entertain her because she demanded it constantly - isn't that was grandparents are for?:)

There was one afternoon that is was just barely warm enough for us to take a short walk to the creek and throw sticks and rocks into it. I was freeeeeezing, but S and my dad didn't seem to mind the cold as much as I did. I'm such a wus!

We went and visiting my cousin and one of her daughters and met up with a couple of my friends from high school. I wasn't very good at taking pictures, but I did manage to get some!

It was a great trip and we were so glad to be able to spend several days there rather than just a short weekend!!!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

S is so full of wonder and adventure!!!