Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dentist

Last week I took S to the dentist for the first time. I was absolutely dreading it! If you know my child, you know she does NOT like to sit still and be confined. I was nervous that she would throw a fit and get her eye poked out by the tooth scraper!!

When we arrived, she had a great time playing with all the video games. Didn't have a clue how to work any of them, but she had fun nonetheless. Emily, the hygentist, was GREAT!! She did a wonderful job with S. She wasn't too thrilled about the cleaning, but she only cried a little bit and didn't flap her arms and resist like I thought she would. Afterward, S was given a toothbrush (and kept it in her mouth for the remainder of the day which I don't understand as she gets her teeth brushed twice a day as it is so it was nothing new to her), a toy car and a balloon. I would not let her have an ice cream b/c it was about lunch time and I have enough trouble getting her to eat without ruining it with sweets - go ahead, call me mean!
Anyway, it was a good first visit and S walked out with a smile on her face! Thanks Emily and Dr.Mark:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least there is one way to get S to close her mouth...a toothbrush.

Michelle Y said...

You are mean! The ice cream is the best part of the trip! I love the balloon....Jamie3's is still floating around our house! I'm glad she had a good visit!