Monday, July 28, 2008

Frequent Visitor

We first met our fine-feathered friend at about 3am a couple weeks ago when Abby was barking, barking, barking. We went outside to see what was wrong (she normally doesn't just bark for the sake of barking) and it took us a while in our sleepiness to focus our eyes on this 3 foot (give or take) tall BIRD standing in our driveway. Something seems a bit odd to me, b/c I don't know much about birds, but I wouldn't guess this is a nocturnal creature. Anyway, on Sunday morning, M was standing in the kitchen and saw our friend again. He said that the bird stood in this position for about 30 minutes and then only flew away b/c M walked outside and frightened it. Don't know where it came from or why it is here, but I guess it's not doing any harm as long as Abby doesn't start her barking again!

2 comments:

KLee said...

That is crazy! It looks like it belongs on the beach. Weird.

TCW said...

How wierd!! We don't see things like that over here. I got excited when I saw a bunny in the neighborhood the other day. I hope everyone is feeling better.