Thursday, April 10, 2008

Roadtrip

Last Thursday, my mom and I set out with Stella in tow for our SE Roadtrip 2008.

We first stopped in Salisbury, NC and Stella got to meet her great grandfather (my dad's dad) and we were able to enjoy our FAVORITE bbq at Richard's BBQ!!

Next stop, and 9 HOURS later (this should be about a 6 1/2 hour drive) we arrived in New Bern, NC and Stella got to meet her other great grandfather (my mom's dad).

We stayed in New Bern until Saturday and had a great time! I ususally only get to go in November for Thanksgiving, but this town is absolutely beautiful in the Spring. We walked downtown and all around the historic district.



After leaving New Bern, we made our way to Raleigh for Stella to meet some of her cousins and her aunt. What fun!!! She LOVED playing with her Aunt Debbie and spending time with her cousins :) Saturday night we stayed in a hotel in Greensboro and I was able to go to a wedding shower for my college friend, Lee. It was wonderful to get away by myself for a bit while mom stayed at the hotel with Stella. The shower was really nice!
When Stella and I got home on Sunday afternoon, daddy was more than ready to see us. And, he wanted us to go for a little drive on his new toy. It was fun and surprisingly smooth!!
We are really getting into the baby foods since Stella will not take a bottle. She is doing better and better with it each day. She really enjoys peas and carrots. When she likes what she is eating, she wants to try and feed herself. So, she grabs onto the spoon which I am still controlling with both hands and helps guide it into her mouth. Then, she proceeds to put her fingers into her mouth as if she has to have every little bit even the stuff that is on her fingers. Well, needless to say, this gets food EVERYWHERE and when she starts rubbing her face she spreads it all over the place.

Yesterday we were eating peas and apples. Here is what she looked like when she finished! She's a happy naked baby!!! I feed her in a diaper and bib now:)

6 comments:

KLee said...

Yea for road trips! Glad S did well for you.
New Bern? I just finished The Wedding. :)
E did the same thing with the spoon. I ended up giving her one and I had one that actually fed her. Wise choice with the naked baby! She looks very happy, even with food everywhere!

Outnumbered! said...

Aw, my brother moved to New Bern 3 months ago and is working at a golf course up there. I really want to go and check it out!

It's a Mom Thing said...

What a cutie and how special that Stella has 2 great grand-dads! I'm glad you girls had a good trip!

I agree with Kendra...give Stella her own spoon to play with while you feed her. It's a good distraction. Love that pic of her!

Michelle Y said...

Sounds like a fun road trip! I love the food face pic! She is a cutie!

Shelby said...

Love the last 2 pics... nothing like food all over the face!!

TCW said...

It sounds like ya'll had a great trip. I love the picture of the food on her face. She is the prettiest little thing even with food on her face.