Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Licensed to Build!!

I work for a home builder, however, I know NOTHING about the homes we build and especially nothing about how to build them. At the beginning of this year, my boss and I got a crazy goal in mind that I should get my Residential Builders License. I know, sounds ridiculous and worthless since you will never catch me actually building a house. But, nonetheless, I decided to give it a shot! There are 4 parts to the test and they are administered quarterly. So, the first test date was at the beginning of this month. I took Part 1 and got the results today - I PASSED?!?!?!? I thought for sure I had failed. In fact, there wasn't a question in my mind that I didn't fail. Apparently, though, I got very lucky!! I had already put it out of my head that I was not going to pursue the next 3 parts, but who knows, maybe I will now. My company pays for me to take it, all I have to do is show up. Maybe I'll take the next one in June, maybe! Imagine, me, a builder - HA!

No comments: