Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall Weekend

This weekend there were happy times and not so happy times.


We'll start with the happy.


On Saturday, M and I took S to the mountains to Brevard, NC. We wanted to see all the leaves since it is just about peak time right now. It started out a bit overcast, but quickly became a beautiful day! They were having a Halloween Festival in downtown Brevard where we stopped and walked around for a bit. Then, we headed into the Pisgah National Forest to Looking Glass Falls. I've definitely seen more water in the river, but S thought the waterfall was really neat. My family use to go to the Pisgah and camp every year since we were in elementary school. It has been a few years since I've ventured up that way and it was fun to make a return and also to see how much S enjoyed everything.




On Sunday, our church had their fall festival. M was helping out with one of the inflatable slides, so S and I walked around. We saw a bunch of friends while we were there and were able to play with the ducks, go down the big slide and pet the goats. It was a good escape, because....



Now for the bad...


S has been sick this weekend:( She started showing signs of getting sick on Thursday, but didn't have a temp until Saturday evening when we got home from the mountains. Yes, I took her to the festival sick, but I think it was good for all of us to get out of the house. And, since we were outside and I kept her away from other kids, I figured she wouldn't be getting anybody else sick while we were there.

3 comments:

KLee said...

No wonder I didn't see you guys. You were hiding out. Hope your little cheerleader gets better soon!

Shelby said...

Sorry she is feeling bad! We seem to constantly be fighting some kind of cold/sinus junk these days too! :( Enjoyed the pics!

Outnumbered! said...

Hope she starts to feel better soon!