Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Picnic

We had a GREAT day! Today was how I always pictured staying at home would be. I've had a few of these days over the last couple weeks and have loved, loved, loved it!!!
Mom to Mom this morning was wonderful as always, I got to have lunch with a good friend at Salsarita's (you're right Dawn, the Taco pizza is SO GOOD!), we surprised Daddy and stopped by his job site for a quick "hi" (and mommy got a treat from Starbucks), we went shopping for baby shower gifts at BRU and got a few extra goodies for S while we were there (why do I ALWAYS buy her stuff that she does not need when I go in that place?!?!!?).

Then, S and I had our first of many picnics. I think she enjoyed being outside but the sun kept getting in her eyes. I tried sharing my sunglasses with her, but she just tried to eat them:)


Oh, and on a completely different note, S was playing in her exersaucer after our picnic and I hear an explosion come from the diaper area. Usually, she'll have a second round before she is completely done. So, I wait a few minutes, and sure enough, I hear it again. These were two SERIOUS sounding incidents! I go to change her and discover that because she was sitting in the exersaucer, there is no room in the diaper for anything extra, so where does it go - up her back and all over EVERYTHING! Like a bomb exploded in her diaper! This was my first experience with this and could not stop laughing at what a MESS such a little baby can make!

7 comments:

KLee said...

The spring is a wonderful time for staying home! I love being outside too!
The Children's Place has cutie little sunglasses for kids. E loves hers! (granted she is out of the eating them stage)
Ha! I forgot about the up the back in the exersaucer! Enjoy!

It's a Mom Thing said...

So glad you had a fun day with your girl! Those days really are special. And there are many more to come!

Also, there are many more "explosions" to come, so just get ready.

Anonymous said...

Glad that you and Stella had such a good outing.She looks so precious in your glasses!!

Rebecca said...

I can't get enough of her pictures. She is so precious! I'm glad you survived the first if many "overflow" diapers. They are much easier to handle when they happen at home. Luke's first was at Jason's Deli. When I picked him up, Seth was like, what's that dripping out of his pant leg. Yuck! Needless to say, it was straight out to the car for a MAJOR overhaul. Seth and I were laughing at the perdicament we were in and Luke was screaming b/c we were washing him from head to toe. I think we used an entire box of wipes!! Ha!

Michelle Y said...

I'm amazed that it was your first "up the back" diaper...For a while - when Jamie3 was about 7 months old - it was a regular occurrence!
Don't you just love being outside with your sweet girl! Jamie3 and I played a little outside yesterday evening - and I snapped some cute pics with him looking into the sun....

Anonymous said...

So fun!! I can't wait until those days with Oliver! We'll have to keep his hands off that pretty girl!!

Lauren

Double Dees in SC said...

Oh wow! Salsaritas AND Starbucks in one day! What a treat! It's so nice to see you two enjoying the wonderful weather together. S is just beautiful!