Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Date Nights and Day Dates

SO here is what I found on the internet as examples of what to do with your significant other on a date. I was just curious if anyone had something that they'd done that was a lot of fun?!?!?!

Enjoy an outing of horseback riding in a scenic spot.
Share a romantic picnic for two.
Spend private time together during a camping trip.
Go for a boat ride on a lake.
Share a romantic dinner on the beach.
Take a moonlit stroll.
Spend the day at an amusement park.
Visit a county fair.
Visit your local wineries for a day of wine tasting.
Swim under or just hike to a waterfall.
Share a sunset dinner anywhere.
Spend the day playing at the park.
Go on a nature hike together.
Enjoy the Jacuzzi by candlelight.
Go on a day trip and visit a nearby town.
Play a game of miniature golf.
Have fun in the pool together.
Share a sunrise picnic.
Enjoy a concert in the park together.
Have a romantic dinner aboard a train.
Watch a favorite sports team play live.
Enjoy dancing outside to a live band.
Go to a local farmer's market, or even better visit a local farm
Watch a romantic movie together.
Have a picnic in your living room!
Play board or video games at home.
Stay at a hotel for the night, and be sure to order in!
Visit a museum together.
Play your favorite sport together.
Pamper each other with a spa night (massage, bubble bath for two, etc.).
Act out a romantic encounter.
Go to a poetry reading.
Take a walk together along a scenic route.
Drive in a direction for an hour and find things to do in the area you arrive at.
Go on a dinner cruise.
Go to a drive-in movie.

13 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

I just had to laugh at these two...
-Spend private time together during a camping trip
-Act out a romantic encounter

Funny, funny!

Be and I are pretty pathetic. We're excited if we just get to leave the house and go anywhere/do anything just the two of us. And then we spend the whole time talking about T$. Go figure.

Caroline said...

I about fell out of my chair when I saw the "act out a romantic encounter" - now, seriously, would anybody REALLY do that?!?! And, if they do, I would love to be a fly on the wall!

LITTLE HOUSE ON THE CULDESAC said...

Whew...sounds like you and Mr. B have a lot to do before baby comes. We'll understand if you have to miss church to squeeze them all in. :)

LITTLE HOUSE ON THE CULDESAC said...

Can I just be frank and say the bubble bath never works...they don't make them big enough! HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

Girls...this Friday is our 5th anniversary so I will let you know how the list goes....:)

Anonymous said...

Too much info Beth! Pictures in the head!!

Anonymous said...

WEllllll I didn't mention any one thing from list I just simply said "the list" so you must be thinking it all yourself..naughty girls that read this

Annie said...

Caroline, you cannot be a fly on the wall when Brian and I act out a romantic encounter. :) Though it can be fun to pretend to be other people sometimes. Just kidding. And I wonder why the people in our small group think we have one track minds. lol
I will say that when we were really poor, we used to have picnics in our living room all the time...so fun! We would do that now, but we have hardwoods. . .bad for the back.
I like the spa nights. The only thing is I feel selfish b/c I like getting the massage, but not giving. We finally have a tub that is big enough. . .though I wouldn't mind it being a little bigger.
Now that I have shared way too much. I will go.
B--you have a happy anniversary and remember what I said, "God wants us to get it on"

Caroline said...

Wow! I think my blog may be considered X-rated now...ha!!! I am learning SO MUCH MORE about my friends - it's starting to scare me:)

Annie said...

May not x-rated, but at least PG 13. lol You can always start acting out a romantic encouter by saying, "So, baby, you come here often?" hahaha

Anonymous said...

Oh my gracious! I haven't been able to catch up on blogs in a while...and look what I've been missing! Ha! These comments have made me laugh out loud! I miss you girls so much! I have to say, I don't know if I could start my romantic enounter by saying the last comment to Seth without smiling or bursting into laughter! Beth, enjoy your anniversary girl!! ;-)
Rebecca

Shelby said...

Reading these comments have been HILARIOUS!! I will have to say that we have done ALL of these... JUST KIDDING! Seriously though, "Spend private time while camping out?" I mean, that is NOT my idea of "having private time" on the ground in a tent with all the bugs, spiders, snakes that are lurking about, not to mention other campers nearby!!!!

W and Js mommy said...

So I had to check back to see where this ended up tonight! HAHAHA I laughed again all the way through! I have funny friends that love their husbands! Go ahead girls start the list! Looking forward to Monday with the GIRLS!