Friday, July 8, 2022

Divisional Meet

The meet we've been anticipating and the kids have been working hard towards - Divisionals! Thornblade hosted again this year and they do such a nice job!  We had a several hour delay because of storms, but the organizers were determined to get the meet finished.  We ended at about 11:30pm, but I guess that was pretty good, because other divisions didn't end until after 1am!!!  Both kids had so much fun and we always love to be a part of swim team and all it means to be on such a special team with great friends!

The events of the night - 

S:
short free 33.69(PR)
long free 1:19.39(PR)
butterfly 41.018(not her best!)

C:
both relays(swam backstroke in medley and clean-up in the free relay)
IM 1:35.92(PR)
breast 49.16(PR)
back 45.01(not his best!)




How in the WORLD did we get this swim
meet finished!?!?!?

I was timing first half, so by the time I finished
that and then sat in the car for a few hours, it was
dark and I only got a few pictures of the kids!
C ready for backstroke in the pink cap(I liked
him wearing this cap because I was always able
to find him!)

S swimming butterfly

C ready in his free relay

Truly the BEST coaches!


Luckily, before the storms hit, Jenna got some pictures of C 
for me!  Here is backstroke in the medley

The boys after their medley swam giving congratulations
to Mac in the pool

I believe this was the start of IM

Win or lose, always show good sportsmanship!


No comments: