Sunday, September 30, 2018

My Birthday Weekend - Hiking at Dupont and Helen, GA

I usually don't have much of a request for my birthday, but this year I claimed the whole weekend;)  On Saturday, we went hiking at Dupont State Park.  We hiked about 3.5 miles, saw 3 waterfalls and the covered bridge.  It was a beautiful day for hiking!  


S has always had a bit of an infatuation with birds!

Hooker Falls





Triple Falls




Surprisingly, this kiddo is not a very enthusiastic hiker!  Any
terrain with an incline at all makes for a very slow go with the
little guy!  For some reason, though, him dragging this limb
made him move along a little quicker?


High Falls
Today, we went to Helen, GA to experience Oktoberfest.  I wish I could say it was amazing and that everyone should go check it out.  But, unless you are looking for a corny tourist trap, I cannot make that recommendation!  We ate lunch at a pub that overlooked the river, walked around downtown and then went to the Festhalle and let the kids play cornhole before heading home.  T

The best part of the trip was our stop on the way home in Sautee at a cute little market and cafe.  It was super cute and delicious and a good way to cap of a somewhat disappointing excursion!



The store I most wanted to go into was the Christmas store, and
for some unknown reason it was closed today.  Of course!!







No comments: