Wednesday, March 15, 2017

3rd Grade Charleston Trip

S went with the third graders to Charleston for her first overnight field trip!  This is a trip that I was suppose to go on, but again, because of the flu, I couldn't go!  So, I let my baby go by herself... gulp!  On the agenda was a walking tour of historic Charleston, the Market, aquarium, USS Yorktown, Fort Sumter and Magnolia Plantation.  It was a FULL schedule and a very cold couple of days.  But, they had a great time and I think she grew up a little bit more while she was gone:)

One very excited and ready to go girl!

Keirsten and S with Mrs. Spearman.  She took my spot on the trip and could
not have been a better fit for a chaperone for S!  She was wonderful!!

Loading the buses!



First stop was a walking tour of Charleston!


Look!  The azaleas were in full bloom!

Next up, the Aquarium!


These were the bunks on the USS Yorktown where
they slept!  This was the part of the trip I was NOT
looking forward to when I was suppose to go!


The second day they took a boat over to Fort
Sumter!


I think her favorite part of the fort were the
canons!

A windblown little girl on the boat back from Fort Sumter!

No comments: