Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1st Day of PDO

This morning I dropped S off for her first day of PDO! It was really hard to leave her and when I picked her up they said that she had a hard time with the nap. Hopefully that will get better as she gets use to sleeping w/ other kids in the same room. Everyone has told me what a great program our church has so I am anxious to see how S will grow and learn in the next 5 months!


I am SO excited to have 5 whole hours to myself every week!!! I plan to use this time to get my name out there as a real estate agent (HINT-let me know if you need one!) and put in some office hours. I went there today and it was so nice to be working again! I really enjoy real estate and know that this is going to be something that I look forward to getting to do! I would never give up being a stay-at-home mom (unless I had to financially) but it is nice to be able to do both. I am thrilled to get started!


2 comments:

KLee said...

Hope she got in a good nap this afternoon for you. Give it a few weeks, she may decide it's better to give in and take a nap there!

Shelby said...

Glad she had a good first day! TFBC does have a great program, on many levels! Stone's 2 sets of teachers there were GREAT and I hated taking him from there and moving him to the church when I took that job, but it just made so much sense. I know little S will enjoy the time there and you'll enjoy a little break at the same time. Didn't know you had starting working again.. congrats on that as well!

also, to comment on the family resemblances, you're right.. S does look like you when you were little! wow! i don't know how kids can look like so many people.. .everyone says Stone looks just like Kevin now (and when Kevin was a kid) and then, when you look at him and baby pictures of me, it's quite amazing, and then, I put him next to a picture of my younger cousin when he was stone's age and HOLY MOLY... they looked like twins!! to me, it's a neat reminder of God's grace and how he continues the generations.... :)