Thursday, October 8, 2009

I Have a Two Year Old!

Today is S's 2nd birthday! Craziness!! We had her party last weekend, but I wanted to celebrate a bit today too.

I went in her room to wake her up this morning singing Happy Birthday and she told me to go away! Gotta love it! I hated having to wake her up, especially on her birthday, but we had to get to her 2 year appt. Yes, I know, that was mean to make her have shots on her birthday. Just go ahead and give me the mom of the year award now! She did GREAT, though, and hardly even cried w/ the shots (thanks to the lollipop!).

Here are her stats:

Height: 35in (81%tile)
Weight: 24lb 6oz(20%tile)

After our appt we headed over to Nivens Farms. We went on a hayride, picked apples, played on the playground, petted the animals and bought a pumpkin. Nothing says fall more than that!! When we got hungry, we went down the street to Cracker Barrel and had a pancake lunch(I was hoping M would be around to meet us for lunch, but it didn't quite work out.) Needless to say, after such a busy morning both Mommy and S needed to come home and take a nap!

After dinner tonight we gave S her final birthday present, a tricycle. I've been looking for one for a few months and Craigslist finally came through! She liked it and asked immediately for her helmet. Nope, didn't think to get one of those! She got that from Elmo, I think. She was able to pedal a little bit, but mostly I had to push her. She'll get it eventually!

And, after a full day of celebrating, we put our sweet little 2-year-old to bed!!

Happy, happy birthday, S!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh...I got my S fix today from these pictures.Loved them!!!

TCW said...

I can't believe she is two. What a fun-filled birthday. Happy Birthday, sweet girl.

w and js mommy said...

I would like to tell you we just went for Jay's 15 month check and he is 25lbs and 33 inches! Ha
Happy birthday sweet Stella girl!